Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Camp

I don't have any pictures, but Little Mama was not only willing to go to TeenPact by herself she went away to camp for a weekend by herself!  I was a nervous wreck!

She was confident she would know someone and she did.  Her theory about going by herself is then she can do some of the things she wants to do.  She is such a people pleaser and has such a servant's heart, that when she goes with other people she usually will do the activities that her friends are doing so she can be with them.    So, if she goes to camp and doesn't know any one it is OK because then she will do some of the things she would like to do.  I don't think I can argue with that!

Anyway, after dinner on a Friday we drove her to camp about an hour away.  Both daddy and I have been to training there.  And I have volunteered for a weekend last year.  So, it isn't totally unknown.  We support the camp through our church and a lot of our youth are workers and a few of our church members are on the board.

I knew the mom who was cooking for the weekend and she said I could text her if I needed to.  And I did.  Once.  Well, maybe twice.  She assured me LM was having big fun!  LM didn't know her counselor but her junior counselor was a girl NG does choir, youth and the bike trips with and I have known her since she was about Boop's age.

So what is the big deal, right?  Well, we made it though the weekend.  And she had a ton of fun.  She informed me that she definitely wanted to go for a week in the summer whether she knew someone or not.  Daddy and I talked about it and we agreed she could go.  She leaves Sunday and she is super excited.  She already knows a couple of girls going.  That makes me feel better!

My little girl is growing up . . .

No comments: