Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Great Gifts


My hubby is a great gift giver!  About 3 months ago, maybe longer, I saw this great Vitamix at Costco (it was on sale.)  As a demonstration, they made a quick and easy spinach ice cream that the whole gang loved!  I mentioned it would be great to have considering I am blending/mixing something almost everyday and our blender had issues.

Hubby made a polite nod and let me know that it wasn't happening.  No biggie.

Then, about a week before Mother's Day he asked if that is what I wanted.  I was like "heck ya!"  So he picked up an extra detail and taaa daaa my new Vitamix blender.

We LOVE it!!  I know I haven't used it to its fullest potential but we make all kinds of healthy smoothies and kefer.  Usually including spinach.  They actually ask for spinach ice cream for dessert!  

I have made broccoli cheese soup that turned out fabulous and my sister just sent me a recipe for a tomato soup which I am anxious to try out as soon as our tomato crop comes it.

Today my plan is to make guacamole and I have hummus on the menu.

I don't deserve all the wonderful gifts he gives.  But, I sure to appreciate them!!

No comments: