Monday, March 16, 2015

What We Did This Weekend








I am once again very thankful to my friends who take pictures.  Otherwise I would have no pictures of the girls' benefit performances last week!  The above pictures are of them in some their costumes.  Once again this year, they put on a ballet performance to raise money to bring dance to hurting and abused women and children and to possibly provide a place to dance in an area of town where that might not otherwise be possible.

The girls and all of their friends have been rehearsing and practicing for months, really.  And they spent almost the whole weekend at the School of Music where they put on both performances.  We invited our neighbors who came.  And EG has a special relationship with the postwoman and invited her and she and her daughter came!

After the evening performance on Saturday the whole cast had a sponsor reception.  All of the dancers were to mingle with the many donors that the ballet company had to help put on the show.  Then, after Sunday's performance, many little girls who had attended the show had backstage passes to meet the dancers.  All of it super cute.  (And super tiring.)

I was able to see both shows.  Boop and Daddy and Grandma came on Saturday.  When I watched it on Sunday, once again I had tears in my eyes.  To watch how both of my daughters (EG too but she didn't dance she was an extra) have grown in their dance.  Nature Girl has the gift of grace and truly has a gift for ballet.  I could watch her dance all day.  Little Mama is always smiling and always enjoying herself.  She is developing into quite a dancer as well.

It was a long, busy weekend, but I think definitely worth all the work and effort by so many . . .

No comments: