Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Day

First and foremost, it is our 15th wedding anniversary.  It is so hard to believe that we have been married for 15 years.  We have known each other for at least 20.  We were great friends first and then dated.  And then my knight in shining armor finally asked me to marry him.  On a little beach not far from where we live now.

He revealed later on that he was nervous.  He had planned to get down on one knee but at the last minute couldn't do it.  I want to say he pulled the ring box out of his gun bag.  I could be wrong.  But that would be so perfect.  So my hubby!

It was beautiful ring.  One that I never would have expected.  Actually we talked about that just a little bit on Monday night (when we went for dinner to celebrate.)  I really had no expectations of what I wanted.  In a ring, in a wedding, in a dress.  I was never one to fantasize over such things.  I just knew I wanted to get married.  And I knew I wanted to marry him.  There was just something that let me know that everything would be great!

That was in November of 1996.  We were married in April of 1997.  We had been together for a long time and we were ready to live together as man and wife, so why wait.  I have said it a million times and will tell anyone the story of my wedding day.  The whole thing was so inexpensive.  Especially by today's standards.  But, it was the most beautiful wedding I have ever been to.  (Yes, I am prejudice.)  But, it really was a fairy tale thanks to my mom and her wonderful friends!

The last 15 years have been full of ups and downs, trials and tribulations.  There are many things I wish someone would have told me about love and marriage.  But, God has been faithful to show me what I am to be as a wife, mother and follower of Christ.  And everyday He gives me a brand new slate to show His love to my family through me.

For that I am so grateful and thankful.  I don't know how a married couple can survive without God's redeeming love for all of us.  His faith, His promises, His truth.

Thank you God, for my hubby today and everyday.  Help me to keeping loving him they way you created Him to be loved, with submission, respect, admiration and encouragement.  Keep my knight in shining armor safe and continue to bring him home to us. . .

2 comments:

Katie said...

Happy anniversary to you and your handsome husband. Wishing you many, many more years together.

MollyMcFarland said...

<3