Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Skate World

Part of my Joy Project, is to really step out of my comfort zone.  Which for me means doing a lot of the "fun things" the kids want to do.  The stuff that I spend a lot of time saying "no" to for various reasons.  One of those things was to take the big girls skating.  Now, this one that hadn't asked for recently but when the opportunity came up, I made arrangements for a few families to meet us at a local skating rink this past Monday night.

They were very excited.  And, honestly so was I.  I skated my way through Junior High School!  I have been skating once or twice in my adults years and was surprised how quickly it came back to me.  Anyway, the girls had a blast.  And, boy, were they good!  The had a great time hanging out with their friends and going around and around the rink.  Yesterday they were still singing the "Chicken Song."

Hubby was able to watch the little guys.  Although he brought them up to the rink for a little while to watch.  I promised them that when we went back, which we will, they would be able to skate too.  Hubby said he would even try.


They have Christian skate night every third Tuesday of the month and the admission is really cheap and free skate rental.  The majority of the music is Christian, which has come a long way since I skated at the Salvation Army many moons ago.  There were a ton of kids and moms and dads.  Just a really great, safe environment to have fun.

I have told the girls we will skate all summer long . . .