Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Fourth of July

I am having trouble with my blog.  I know I posted these pictures but most of the words didn't appear.  And, I noticed it happened a couple of times before.  Not sure what the problem is, so I thought I would just repost.

Anyway, we had done something different on this 4th of July this year.  We decided to read the Declaration of Independence together.  I had never read it before.  Isn't that crazy?!?  I will be honest, it was tough in some parts.  But, as I explained to the kids, as we learn more about the beginnings of our nation and our fight for independence the wording and thoughts and ideas will take on new meaning.  Will hopefully become more clear.  We intend to read it every year.

For dinner and fireworks we went up to our church.  This is the ninth year they have put on a celebration for the surrounding community.  And it is the place to be.  Sooo family friendly.  This year the fireworks were the best!  

There was early rain so there was a lot of mud.  But, the rain cleared up.  The bugs we under control and just had a great time.  Definitely one of our favorite holidays to celebrate . . .







No comments: