Sunday, July 15, 2012

I Love Publix!

It is our local grocery store and shopping truly is a pleasure there.  (That is their slogan - "Where shopping is a pleasure!)  I know it can be a little bit pricey but with coupons and shopping the sales we usually come out all right.

So, you ask "Why do you like shopping at Publix?"  I will tell you.  Today, I went to the grocery store by myself.  Yes, by myself.  I bet I can count on my hands and feet the number of times I have been to the grocery store by myself in the last 11 years.

Anyway, there was a long line to check out and I was pondering how long it would take me to get through the line.  All of a sudden, while I was day dreaming in the long line, one of the cashiers came up to me dancing and smiling and singing that he would take me on Aisle 3.  It was so cute.  It definitely made me smile.

Then the customer service lady was the one who bagged my groceries.  She immediately asked me "How did you get out of the house by yourself?"  I explained that the kids were at home with daddy watching a movie while he did yard work.  She went on to ask if I took any longer, if I just walked slowly up and down the aisles, if I took my time shopping.  She was so curious about whether or not I was taking advantage of being at the grocery by myself.  She seemed truly interested.

After my groceries were bagged she said "Walk slowly to your car!"

I don't mind shopping with the kids.  We have done it forever.  But, it was kind of nice to be by myself.  And, it was also kind of nice to shop at a grocery store where they know who I am and who my kids are.  Maybe the world isn't quite as impersonal as it feels sometimes . . .

1 comment: