Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Laundry Soap

Last week we made our first batch of homemade laundry soap.  I had bought the ingredients quite awhile ago but had a ton of the store bought liquid I needed to use first.  They say the homemade stuff works as good as Tide and with $20 worth of ingredients it lasts close to 9 months doing about 8 loads a week.

We had fun making it but decided the next time we will grate the Fels-Naptha soap over a period of a couple of days.  Grating three bars of soap with a cheese grater was a little hard on the wrists.  Nature Girl started out helping me.  And LM finished up.  I feared Boop was a little too young.  I didn't want him to grate off his finger tips. ;)

I will be using the soap this week and hope it works well.  I am really picky about clean, fresh smelling, stain free clothes so we shall see.

Next on the list is homemade dishwasher soap . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm curious about the homemade dishwasher soap.