Monday, February 18, 2013

I Love Little Mama This Much

As most of my friends know, I am not a big birthday person or sleepover person or any of those fun things that a mom should probably be.  But this year my beautiful, sweet, selfless baby girl wanted a party for her birthday.  It has been a long time since we have done that.

My LM is someone I wish I were.  She is thoughtful, selfless, kind, generous, patient and loving.  She is a peacemaker and loves her family.  She will share and help.  And just wants everyone to be happy.  And she will do what she can to make that happen.  She loves to hug me when I am annoyed.  She loves to give me kindly reminders when I am not doing the things that I have called them to do. She is a great friend, sister and daughter.

What is a mom to do?  So, this is how we celebrated and are going to celebrate one of the most amazing people in my life.

This past Friday we had a progressive dinner for LM and two of her very bestest friends, who also have birthdays this coming up week.  We started out at one friend's house for cheese fondue.  It was a hit.  Then we moved on to the other friend's house and had an amazing dinner of pulled pork, au gratin potatoes and "church" green beans.  The mamas all served the girls.  The food was delicious.

Then on to our house for dessert and presents and a sleepover.  About a month ago we were watching the Pioneer Woman's cooking show.  And she just happened to have a birthday dessert that was ice cream in a flower pot with pound cake on the bottom, ice cream in the middle with Oreo dirt, gummy worms and a pretty flower to finish it off.  It looked like a real potted plant but it was edible.  That is all LM wanted for a birthday dessert.  So, when we mamas were planning the birthday party, I requested to do dessert.

Then, because the girls had been asking for a sleepover I decided what the heck.  And we turned the birthday party into a sleepover.  And my girls were thrilled.  I had six of the sweetest girls in my house overnight and I think they had a great time.  In the morning we had pancakes with strawberries, chocolate chips, whip cream and syrup.  Breakfast of champions I am sure.

Today is her actually birthday and we are celebrating by having no school.  We are watching a movie and LM wants to make brownies.  We will go to ballet and then after dinner go skating with a bunch of friends.  This Sunday will be our family birthday party and LM got to pick the Pioneer Woman recipes for the week.  Chicken wings and cherry limeade.

















I can not believe my baby girl is in double digits.  Where does the time go?  I love her so much for so many different reasons.  I am glad to be her mommy and so excited to see her grown to be a beautiful young lady . . .

2 comments:

MollyMcFarland said...

So sweet! Love this post. And her. And you.

Ann said...

We love you! Thanks for the help on Friday (and this weekend.) ;)