Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Week Six: PW and Meatballs and Leftovers

Last week was Whiskey Meatballs!  Real meatballs simmered in whiskey and cream sauce.  The recipe was pretty simple but one thing I have noticed also is, the recipe always takes me longer than I think it is going to take.  Have I mentioned that already?  We usually eat dinner around 6:30.  But, when I am making a PW meal it is more like 7:30.  You would think I would learn!

Anyway, I loved the idea of homemade meatballs and we will definitely be doing that in the future.  Change the recipe a little so as to use them in spaghetti.

Hubby loved them.  The kids said they were OK.  I served them over egg noodles.

The best part of this recipe was that the second recipe picked used the leftover meatballs for sliders with mozzarella cheese.  I loved those!  So easy.  I think NG liked them but the others not so much.  But, we ate them all!

I didn't get a picture of the sliders.  But, they were a couple of meatballs on small dinner/slider rolls and then a piece of mozzarella lying on the top of the meatballs with the top of the bun on that.  Really easy meal for a very busy day.



I haven't tackled the ice coffee yet.  It makes a lot and I don't have anything to store it in at the moment.  But it sounds wonderful.  Next up is spicy Dr. Pepper pulled pork and awesome au gratin potatoes (or some name such as that.)  The picture in the cookbook looks so delicious. . . .

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Oh my goodness, yes! I am totally googling this whiskey meatball recipe....delicious! I cannot tell you how much I am loving this PW series on your blog, Ann and good for you for doing it!

Katie said...

I made PW's macaroni and cheese last weekend. Have you ever tried it? I think it's from her first cookbook. Delicious. I never make meatballs, so much work, but maybe I've just never tried the right recipe.

Ann said...

MB your comments mean the world to me!! It encourages me to keep going even on the weeks where it is a little bit of a struggle to pull it all together. ;)

Katie - I think we have some type of mac and cheese recipe. I am looking forward to that one! And, I was surprise how "easy" it was to make the meatballs.