Tuesday, February 5, 2013

PW: Week Five I Think

It is crazy to me that we have been cooking through the PW cookbook for 5 weeks now!  Sometimes it hasn't been easy, especially when there is a busy week.  A lot of what we eat is crock pot food and recipes with 5 ingredients or less.  (Just being honest.)

But, it seems that Saturdays and Tuesdays tend to be the days that I cook.  Because we are usually home with nothing else going on.  This past Tuesday was Cauliflower Soup and Make Ahead Muffins.  I have noticed the picture taking has kind of gone by the wayside.  Like I never got a picture of the finished Best Grilled Cheese Ever.

This week was another hit.  I would like to think it is because I am learning something.  But, I think the recipes were just easier.  And things I am just kind of use to doing.  But, truth be told, I am totally getting more comfortable in the kitchen.  I will tell you this, though, it doesn't matter what I make, both LM and Daddy tell me it needs bacon or bacon bits.  I don't get it.  ;)

The soup was fabulous!  A big hit.  Boop had at least two bowls.  I really was impressed with it myself.  It is something I will definitely do again and it was pretty easy and it made a ton.  We ate leftovers three days in a row.  I just didn't think it will freeze well.  I had also made homemade bread.  A perfect winter meal if you ask me.

I also made the muffin mix on Tuesday.  Eggs, bacon, cheese, mayo and some great flavorings.  It looked fabulous.  I put it in a Tupperware container so it was ready for breakfast the next morning.  It went on English Muffins and put under the broiler.  It was OK.  The kids were not big fans.  Well, Boop liked it.  It took EG until lunch to finish hers.

Hubby and I ate it the next day on rye bread and I thought it was much better on that.  It is a nice alternative to some of our bigger breakfast meals.  It might even be perfect for camping.









All in all a pretty good kitchen week for me.  Next up whiskey meatballs, meatball sliders and perfect iced coffee.  Yes, coffee.  So excited to drink coffee . . .

3 comments:

Katie said...

I've been wanting to make PW's cauliflower soup...looks delicious!

Ann said...

You need to! Oh my it is so so good. It really has been one of my favs and easy by comparison! ;)

Mary Beth said...

Um yes please! I am SO going to use that egg and bacon and mayo and cheese idea to top a bagel or whatever. That is awesome! Keep it up, girl!!