Sunday, February 17, 2013

PW: Another Hit

I don't know what I would do if I, we, didn't like the recipes that are in my Pioneer Woman cookbook!  This past week was another hit.  We have found a new way to cook a pork roast and we are never going back!

Dr. Pepper, chipolte peppers, onion, six hours in the oven and we had a masterpiece if I do say so myself.  We also made the perfect au gratin potatoes which were pretty good too.  Potatoes and cheese can never go wrong.

It was another easy meal.  One I felt pretty confident in making.  It was a recipe that definitely has given me confidence in the kitchen.  At dinner, while we were eating, I kept complimenting myself.  I know I am not suppose to do that, but it really was soooooo good.

A couple of days later we took the leftovers and put it on buns and had another easy meal.  The kids loved it. I am so glad we are doing this.  It makes life a little more interesting and it is growing me as a person and hopefully as a "chef."





Because LM's birthday is next week, I let her pick the recipes.  And she picked spicy chicken wings and cherry limeade.  Wings are an absolute family favorite . . .

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Oh man oh man. That pork roast sounds amazing. I so wanna come eat at your house, Ann!

Ann said...

You are invited for the next time you are in town or passing through!! :) I would love to cook you a meal and catch up!! ;)