Thursday, July 25, 2013

PW Catch Up

There is a lot of stuff going on around our house lately.  But posting about Pioneer Woman cooking is way more fun.  So, I thought I would play catch up with all the food I have been cooking the last few weeks.

Corn Guacamole.  Your traditional guac recipe but with grilled corn.  It was delicious.  We will definitely do it again.


The next few pictures are from a recipe called Fancy Mac and Cheese or Ultimate Mac and Cheese or something like that.  Anyway, it isn't anything like you would get out of a box of Kraft!  Four different kinds of cheese.  Majority of which I can not pronounce.  It had mushrooms which hubby made me put only on half because he despises mushrooms.  

Fancy pasta and sauteed onions and, of course, bacon.






The end result was really, really good.  It was a lot of work, though, for mac and cheese.  I might make it again for guests.


Next up a family favorite by far.  We have already made it again.  French toast with berry butter.  So, so good!  We had a lot of butter left over, though, so we used it on other things like toast and pancakes and bagels.




I have a sourdough recipe I am trying to perfect so we will probably use that next time.  Although the French bread was delicious.





We ate it for dinner and I see us putting it in our dinner rotation.


Next up PW hummus.  We love hummus around here.  I happened to make this on a night when we had dinner guests and it was a big hit.  In fact, the mom who was here ended up buying a PW cookbook and has made her hummus twice along with a couple other recipes.

It makes a ton, though.  I am still trying to figure out if you can freeze it.



Lastly, I think is Crash Potatoes.  We had a bunch of potatoes from our garden and when my sister came for dinner we made these.  I boiled them and then crushed them and sprinkled them with seasonings.  Put them in the oven to bake.  They were easy and so good.  But, then again, I love potatoes.




So, I think for the moment I am caught up on PW cooking.  I am starting to get down to the recipes that are a little harder or use ingredients and things that I don't necessarily have or have never heard of or not sure I like.

Again, I have enjoyed this and it really has challenged me in the kitchen.  I find myself way more comfortable in just making our everyday dinners.  So that is a bonus.  What is even crazier is I find myself talking about food.  And I am pretty sure I have never done that before!

It is a great experience and I hope I can keep it up when things start to get crazy in the fall.  Only time will tell I guess . . . 

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

WOW!! I do not even know where to start....you know how much I LOOOOOOVE food and esp your PW posts! The mac and cheese with FOUR cheeses, bacon, onions and mushrooms? heaven!!! I am totally looking that recipe! And the crash potatoes look awesome too...oh and I looooooove making hummus! My fave is to add green olives to the puree but leave them a bit chunky. Lived on that when I was pregnant! :) So was there anything special or unique added to the PW hummus? Thanks for keeping up these posts, Ann - I really love them and think you are a great cook!!