Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Weekend at Grandma's

Again no pictures.  I forgot my camera.  Nature Girl didn't take pictures and Little Mama took pictures but dropped her camera, on accident, in the water at the beach.  So, a written commentary is all I have.  Bummer.

Anyway, we left Thursday after daddy got off of work.  We had decided that the drive down on a Friday morning and then turning around Sunday morning to come home was just not enough time to really enjoy being at Grandma's.

So, we got to her house Thursday night around 11PM.  After driving through the most horrendous storm I can ever remember driving through.  Daddy had been up since about 4AM so about 9 PM he had me drive.  And right as we hit the causeway about 1/2 hour from my mom's the bottom fell out.  The wind was blowing so hard that the rain was coming down side ways.  Branches were flying in front of the windshield and I was driving with my hazards on.

We called my mom and when she called us back with the weather update there was an advisory to stay off the bridges.  Well, that was too late.  We were half way across the causeway with no way to turn back.  On a good day, you can see the beautiful water on both sides.  Thursday night the only thing I could see was the little reflector lights about two feet in front of the car. I  was so thankful to be off the causeway in one piece.

The plan had been to swim at Grandma's for a little bit when we got there.  But, we were pretty late getting in and by the time we got settle it was probably close to 1AM.  Way past my bedtime!

We were up bright and early the next day to go to the beach and look for shells.  Unfortunately, Little Mama became sick, so she and I had to stay home and rest on the couch.  But, by lunch time, though, she was ready to go.  Strangest thing but oh well.  I was just glad she felt better.  She LOVES to swim at Grandma's.

We spent the rest of the day lounging around the pool.  And my mom had some friends over for dinner.  My mom's friends granddaughter is just a couple months younger than EG.  Every time we visit the little girls get together for a play date.  This time they spent the whole time swimming!

Saturday we went back to the beach in the AM so Little Mama could hunt for shells.  We walked for about an hour.  It was sunny, breezy and beautiful.  We did a little shopping after that.  There are some stores in the area that we just don't have where we live.  Mostly stores that hubby likes, pertaining to his hobbies.  One shop was a woodworking store and they were doing a demonstration.  Boop was able to participate.  He made a fabulous pen out of a block of wood.  He shaped it, sanded it and stained it.  Then put it all together.  It was really cool!

Next was swimming back at Grandma's and just waiting for her to get home from work.  We had pizza for dinner and walked the beach at sunset.  Then off to ice cream on the Inter coastal.  The kids were wore out from swimming and shell hunting so we popped in a movie and just relaxed for the night.

Sunday was up, pack and head back home.  We had a nice, mostly uneventful, relaxing time.  It always seems to go by so fast. . .

No comments: