Monday, November 8, 2010

Becoming More Purposeful

A few things we are doing to become more purposeful with our time, talents and treasures:

We are sponsoring a 12 year old boy from Ethiopia through Compassion International. The kids will get to write back and forth with him.

Hubby is going to double the size of our garden. Half of our crops will be donated to the local homeless shelter.

We are going to sacrificially collect money in our missions' jar for our friends who have taken 5 of their youngest children to China to teach English to the Chinese on campus and to share the love of Jesus.

We have committed to pray everyday for a specific country in the world and to continue to read the word of God.

These are just few of the commitments we have made as a family for the next year. And so excited to see how God uses our obedience to further His kingdom . . .

4 comments:

Diane Moody said...

You absolutely blow me away. LOVE these. Such an inspiration! What a great family you are!

Ann said...

Thank you for the encouraging words! My heart has been stirred big time lately to really pray about and think about what I/we can do to be obedient to God. We just finished reading Radical and doing a churchwide study. I think one of the biggest things I got from it was, I need to be more purposeful. In everything I do. And these were just a few ways that I/we could do it. I really want to go to Africa myself on a mission trip. But, that ain't happening anytime in the near future - ha, ha!!

Crissa said...

Thanks for sharing your blog with us! I love, love, love these ideas. I've been challenged by Radical as well. How can I be radical for Jesus in the place God has planted me?

Katie said...

Ann, I am impressed and inspired by you.