Monday, November 15, 2010

This and That

Last night as I was rocking EG before bed:
Me: EG don't ever grow up.
EG: OK

We started reading about reptiles today.
NG: Mama, we have read about reptiles before.
Me: No, I don't think we have.
NG: Yes, we have, you know the Jews and the reptiles.
Me: That's the Jews and the Gentiles.
NG: Oh yeah . . .

I am officially one of those mothers who makes really bad excuses for their child's very unruly behavior in a public place. (As EG was running on the booth seats, coloring on a table with a pen, pulling paper napkins out of a dispenser and running around the store with only one shoe and sock on. Oh, and a really dirty face.)

But, we have made it through day 1. Only 8 more to go . . .

2 comments:

Diane Moody said...

Laughed out loud at NG's comment about the Gentiles, er, reptiles! Oh my goodness, that's hilarious!

Praying for you all while Dad's away. Hang in there!

Katie said...

Funny stuff.

I'm pretty sure I forget to wash Luke's face ALL the time. Why can't I remember that?