Saturday, November 13, 2010

Preparations . . .

That is what today is. Hubby, leaves tomorrow, for his annual hunting trip to the Frozen Tundra. This year he is going for about 3 extra days so will be gone for about 9 total. He is also driving this year, which he usually flies.

This is a big deal for us, and for him. He doesn't ever travel. Which I am really very thankful for. I am absolutely, positively able to take care of us for the days he is gone. It really isn't much different then when he is here. But, I know I have said before, he is my security blanket. He is a firm foundation. I just know that when I am in a jam he is there for me. In true superhero fashion. No matter what. He is my go to guy. That extra helping hand when things get overwhelming. And you just never know when that is going to happen. The one person who can really calm me down. Put things in perspective. Did I mention that where he is going doesn't have cell service??

So, it always takes me a day or two to get over the feeling of "there is something missing." I always pray for him to be safe and have a GREAT time. And I pray for me to be safe and SURVIVE the time.

In the 10 years he has been going and the almost 20 years (how can THAT be??) that we have known each other, I have learned to just gracefully except that this is what he does. No matter what. (Remember two years ago this trip was planned for 2 days after EG's due date!) He is the true hunter/gatherer. And, because of kids, time and cost, it really is the only hunting he does. Which is a far cry from when we were first married.

Well, anyway, back to preparations. Happy hunting honey, shoot us that trophy buck ! ! !

1 comment:

MollyMcFarland said...

Aww what a sweet blog entry. :)