Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Week Thus Far

The week has gone by pretty fast. We have stayed busy. Ballet, dinner with friends, Compassion International get together on Monday. We had a full day of school on Tuesday and it was topped off with dinner with a good friend that night. Minus kids! Wednesday was the creek, Meals on Wheels and dinner at church and the service. Boop sang. I totally forgot! No M0ther of the Year award for that one.

Thursday I was at home all day but we had our book club get together. I just love that group of women (oh yeah, and their kids!) Friday was school and Family Fun Night for the big girls. Sissy came to stay with us. So, me, Sissy and the littles went to the mall to do some Christmas shopping.

I hadn't really slept in two days, EG has been waking up. But, Sissy and I stayed up until midnight anyway! Just chatting and laughing. Of course, EG was up at the crack of dawn but I put her into bed with us and she went right back to sleep until 7:50.

This morning a friend came over to help me make Christmas gifts and then we struck gold. Another friend works at a t-shirt company in town and they were having a great sale on unopened t-shirts, sweatshirts and other various clothing items. They also had really good deals on misprint t-shirts. I got 8 really good things for $25. Some Christmas gifts included.

Then it was off to the grocery store for our weekly shopping.

Back home to rest and relax for the afternoon. The neighborhood kids came over and all the kids played outside all afternoon. Boop got to go on a playdate for a little while. So that was exciting for him!

We just finished up nachos and all the kids are taking early baths and showers so as to be able to watch a little bit of the football game. Tomorrow is church and Sissy over for dinner. Monday is yearly doctor appointments for Boop and EG. Then ballet in the afternoon.

Last I heard the great white hunter should be home sometime on Tuesday. With coolers full of venison. Last I heard he shot two and his friend shot three. I see many, many venison recipes in our future.

The time always seems to go way faster than I think it will. And the last two years everything has been fine while he was gone. I am pretty sure by Tuesday, I will be ready to be a two parent family again . . .


No comments: