Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Full Circle

About 5 years ago, when we were contemplating homeschooling, I made "appointments" and met with 3 other families, from my church, who I respected. My purpose for my appointments was, they had older kids, and I wanted to know why they chose the educational paths they did. I met with 2 homeschooling families and one family whose children were in public school.

When making our kids educational choices, we wanted to have as much information as possible. From all aspects.Check Spelling

And today I laugh, because I just met with a lady, from my church, who is interested in homeschooling and had asked me about a week and a half ago if I would meet and talk with her about her options. And she is the second or third person who has wanted to talk with me about homeschooling!

I opened up our conversation by telling her that five years ago, I had been doing the very same thing. Meeting with all kinds of families that I respected, admired, to get their opinions, their thoughts.

It really does seem just like yesterday. It is hard to believe I have been educating my children for the last 5 years. And, I have to be honest, one of the greatest pleasures that I have, is teaching the girls to read. It opens up a whole new world and I am so thankful to be an integral part of that. Boop will "start" this fall. And, I am excited to show him a "whole new world" . . .