Saturday, April 16, 2011

Rainy Days

Spring time. And rain. Big rain. Rain that comes in the middle of the night with loud claps of thunder and bright flashes of lightening. Every child's fear. Well, at least in my house.

In the wee hours of this morning, we had our second middle of the night thunder storm. The last storm we had, Boop ended up in bed with daddy and EG and Little Mama ended up on the couch with me. And our neighbors tree came crashing down and missed the girls' window by about two feet. But, did manage to destroy birdhouse watching area.

Last night the big kids were sleeping in the living room already. (It was movie night.) But, about 5:45 AM, EG started calling "Mommy, come get me. Mmmooommmyy, cccoommmee get mmmeee!" Because Paul had already left for work, I put her in bed with me. She rolls around and burrows into the pillows. She has to have her head shoved in a corner or against something. After she got sort of settled, she reached out and rubbed my arm. Very gently, like she was soothing me. A time or two before, she has reached out and stroked my hair. So gentle. And if you know EG, there isn't much gentle about her. So it is kind of a nice feeling.

Anyway, I listened to the big kids whispering in the living room, then there was quiet. EG never did go back to sleep. Can anyone say "early nap time?" . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

It's raining here too. And it's cold and windy. Wait, actually it just turned to snow, yuck. Last weekend we had severe storms and there were about a dozen tornadoes in the state.... we were lucky, it bypassed us just to the south. Crazy Spring weather! (I'm ready for the May flowers)