Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Happy Anniversay






I am sure I have shared our story before. But, 14 years ago today, thanks to my mom and her great friends, we had a fairy tale wedding.

Here are some of the highlights:
I pulled out of a magazine, the picture of the wedding dress I wanted. We had a very tight budget and knew I could never afford it. My mom was able to find the exact dress, gently worn and it was PERFECT! I felt like a princess.
We were able to have the most beautiful wedding on a less than shoe string budget.
The ceremony and reception were outside at a local art gallery.
A train whistled right in the middle of our vows.
The whole place was decorate with lights and tulle. Even the art statues had tulle and flowers.
There were hurricane lamps on all the tables. The wedding was right before sunset.
My dad and stepdad walked me down a cobble stone walk way.
My stepdad graciously stepped aside to let my dad give me away.
My very long train got stuck on a tree branch.
I was busy chatting with a friend when I was suppose to be walking down the aisle.
We had no less than 6 flower girls, one just as adorable as the next.
We got married in a white gazebo with wisteria hanging all over it. (Which hubby hung, with the help of family.)
When we walked up the aisle as husband and wife, everyone was blowing bubbles at us.
A good friend, who was a chef, gave us the gift of a beautiful swan ice sculpture.
Everyone who helped with the wedding, except for the photographer, was a friend.
For the reception, I traded my high heels in for a pair of Keds.
Sissy cried when we left for the honeymoon and wanted to go with us.

Gosh, I could go on and on. So, I guess I will stop.

The fairy tale continues . . .

4 comments:

Katie said...

Happy Anniversary. I wish you two many more happy years.

MollyMcFarland said...

memories :)

Mary Beth said...

Happy anniversary!!!!

Diane Moody said...

Now I KNOW that gazebo wasn't leaning on your wedding day! Maybe the photographer was leaning a wee bit when he took the shot? SO many great memories! And heavens, you looked as beautiful as I remember! Still do! :D