Thursday, April 7, 2011

T-Ball









I love all my kids. But, organized sports is a huge reason I wanted a boy. I couldn't wait to sit on the sidelines and cheer on my boy. In fact, when we were naming Boop, we would chant his name just to hear what it would sound like to cheer him on during a game! OK, I admit a little strange. And, yes, I know girls can play organized sports as well. And, yes I know, that Boop might not have wanted to play organized sports. ;)

Last night Boop had his first T-ball game and it was exciting! I just love watching the little guys play. Hubby and I, before kids, would stop at ball parks to watch the little guys play. Anyway, Boop was adorable, in his too big shirt and his too big pants and his too big hat.

He walked up to the field and warmed up. His team was in the outfield first. He had the stance right and seemed like he was paying attention. He would go after the ball. But only so far. If he missed it, he wasn't one to run with the other six boys to get it.

He was at bat three times. He made it to base a couple of times. He does have a good swing. He could use a little work on the running from base to base. I don't think he really understands the need to get to base as quickly as he can. But, those things will come! ;)

He had fun. We had fun. That's all that matter. So proud of my baby boy . . .

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, he looks so adorable in his little uniform!

Leah is looking forward to playing soccer this summer, partly because her brothers will have to come and sit on the sidelines and watch HER for a change :)

Ann said...

When the girls are whining, I tell them that Boop spent many years at the gym waiting on them. Ha, ha!!