Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Alone Again

I am so thankful that my hubby doesn't travel very much. I am not that good at being a single mom!

Monday hubby left for his annual hunting trip. And the past two days have flown by. Just with activity and life in general. I would say the hardest part for all of us, though, is nighttime. EG keeps asking for him. Boop has said on more than one occasion he misses his daddy.

When he is away, the kids take turns sleeping with me. Last night was NG's night. EG was very disappointed when she came in my room this morning, saw someone sleeping on hubby's side of the bed and came to the realization it was NG, not daddy. LM said she started to cry (I was in the shower.)

Boop sleeps with a sweatshirt of daddy's. They hear the garage door open around dinner time and look expectantly at the door and some say "daddy?". I admit, some of the sounds I associate with hubby make me think it is him.

Life just doesn't seem right without him here . . .