Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful For

God's presence in my life.

I wake up almost every morning at 5:30AM. It is my quiet time. Time to pray, journal and read my Bible. Most of the time it is me talking to God. In all honesty, not much of my quiet time is listening.

The listening part has seemingly been coming around 6:30AM while showering. God takes that time to use the warm, cascading water to open up the pores of my soul to listen to and accept what He needs to say to me. It is never very intentional on my part. It is usually just a quiet time when the things that are troubling me tend to reverberate in my brain. And in my heart.

Yesterday morning when I was showering, and stewing about what the kids had to wear to church, God assured me that it doesn't matter what is on the outside. That He only truly cares about what is on the inside. I had to breathe a sigh of relief because my oldest girl doesn't have much in the way of "church" clothes in her closet at the moment. (I believe it is important to be respectfully dressed when going to church but that isn't what this post is about and I will save my thoughts on that for another post. Maybe.)

In the beginning of the week, as I continued to struggle with a pride issue with one of my children, God put the book of Proverbs on my heart. In between my shampoo and conditioner. So, that morning, I made a decision to stop our normal Bible/History/Geography time and focus primarily on Proverbs for the next 31 days. Talking about and discussing God's wisdom and knowledge and the necessity of seeking good Godly wisdom. And the blessing that come with gaining wisdom.

When I allow God to speak to me, His answers are so much better than anything I can ever come up with. I am asking God to continue to shower me with His wisdom . . .

No comments: