Saturday, September 22, 2012

Birthday Party

This will be my last post for a couple weeks.  Tomorrow we are on our way to Pennsylvania to my oldest nephew's wedding!  EG will be a flower girl and Boop a ring bearer.  On our way back we are going to stop for a couple of days in DC.  Seemed kinda crazy to drive right by and not take advantage of our proximity to the nation's Capitol.

So my last post for awhile is about the unique birthday party we all went to a couple of weeks ago.

A good friend of the girl's had a birthday party camping trip. I thought it was a super cool idea!  So about three weeks ago I packed up all the kids and a tent and took the girls to the party at a local state park about an hour and a half away.


I wanted to go for moral support and to use our new tent.  Hubby had to work the weekend so I had to take Boop and EG with me.  We loaded up the car, drove to the state park and then helped our family friend's celebrate their daughter's birthday!

The weather was pretty good, the state park was beautiful and all the kids (adults too) had a great time.  Eating hot dogs, making smores, swimming, going on a nature walk and just hanging out.

It was our first time using our new tent.  I am glad Mr. S was there to help me set it up but it really was pretty easy.  Boop, EG and I slept in it.  I learned a few things that we will need for our tent camping trip in October.

First, it will be sleeping room only.  There will not be enough room for anything else in there.  Second, it will take the kids a little bit to get use to all of the nature sounds at night.  They kept asking me "what is that noise?"  Third, tenting camping is cool but I think I will enjoy it much more with hubby along! ;)  And fourth, it is so cool looking up in the morning and seeing the beautiful trees and sky (we slept with the "windows" open to catch a breeze through the tent.)

Anyway, I am glad my girls' friend had such a great idea for a birthday party.  It really was special . . .














No comments: