Sunday, September 30, 2012

Yesterday and Today

Not sure where I have left off soooo I will just give a run down of yesterday.  We did not get to bed until considerably late on Friday night.  I had high hopes of everyone sleeping in.  But, the latest I got was about 8ish.  Maybe it was a little later.  But, totally not long enough for everyone to be rested. 

We started out slow, watching College Game Day and getting a game plan.  Daddy took Boop and EG and cousin Michael for a celebratory birthday boat ride, although the weather was not really cooperating.  Then we went to spend the afternoon at Aunt Reenie's with the family and the bride's family and various friends.  More eating, chatting, football watching and watching the cousins and friends play.

Finally around dinner time our family, my husband's two brothers and their families and my mother-in-law headed back out to the lake house for dinner, more football and my handsome ring bearer's 7th birthday party.  We picked up pizzas, had birthday cake and watched my little man open his gifts.

We were all pretty tired and the other two families at 6:40AM flights back to Florida the next day.  So, after much celebrating over the past couple days, the partying came to an end.  Time to clean, organize, pack and say good byes.

This morning, after saying good bye to my sister-in-law and her family we headed to Virginia.  Alexandria to be exact.  And here we are.  We are staying in an awesome hotel just a minute from a Metro stop.  When we drove through DC we could see the Washington Monument.  So, so exciting!!  The traffic was incredible.  Which BLOWS my mind on a Sunday afternoon.  Other than traffic we made it here uneventfully.

We arrived much later than I had hoped so there really wasn't much sight seeing we could do.  But, the hotel has free shuttle service to Old Town Alexandria.  Old Town has a lot of great restaurants, shops and a boardwalk to the Potomac River.  So, we spend the evening walking around and having dinner at a place the desk clerk recommended.

My next job is to make a plan for the next few days.  There are so many things we want to see and do.  Hopefully we will get up early and be out the door by 8:30AM ish.  So, off to get some much needed planning and rest . . .

No comments: