Thursday, January 24, 2013

A 7 Update

Just some musings about how it has been going here with our experiement:

1.  Our fridge, freezer and cupboards are getting cleaned out.

2.  I have had to be creative.

3,  EG keeps asking for dessert after dinner, even though we are on week three of no dessert.

3.  We are planning our first day back of all the stuff we have "banned."  Coffee and Dunkin Donuts for breakfast, pizza for dinner and malts for dessert.

4.  I also have been thinking a lot about how this will affect how we go forward as a family.  Wasting food is definitely something I want to continue working on.  Cooking smaller meals.  Make monthly tickets we can use to get take out or fast food.  If the tickets are gone for the month then no fast food or take out.  I might give up my "after the kids go to bed" dessert.  I will still eat dessert but maybe with them now.

5.  The thing I miss the most is the coffee!  I really, really can't wait to drink a nice hot cup of crazy strong coffee.

6.  I had to explain yesterday to someone at church what we were doing.  I don't think he got it.  Worst of all, I think he thinks we are a little cracked.

7.  It has totally made me think about every aspect of food for our family.  From cost to nutrition.  And how truly blessed we are by all that we have.  And to be a better stewards of the blessings of food that God has provided us.

This is just month one and I have heard a little bit about what is to come in the following 6 months.  Part of me can't wait to see what other challenges lay ahead for our family in our quest for "less of me and my junk and more of Him"  . . .

No comments: