Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me

I had a fabulous birthday.  The only thing that might have made it better was if hubby would have been able to be home all day to watch football with me.  I have told him how lucky I feel he is by the fact that he is married to a woman who LOVES football and basketball and baseball!

Anyway, the kids and I hung out most of the day.  I cooked my birthday dinner and made my birthday cake.  But, that is exactly what I wanted to do!  I wanted to try out the recipes in my new cookbook.  And on my birthday I felt I could do whatever I wanted!  And that was it.

The Sunday before, Sissy and her boyfriend came over and we had fabulous hamburgers on the grill and birthday cupcakes.

I was spoiled rotten by great birthday gifts.  Angel food chocolate, a spa day, homemade hair clips, a gift certificate to Starbucks, a Vera Bradley small cosmetic case, sunglasses, the book "7" and a subscription to Garden and Gun magazine.

Forty-five might not be so bad . . .

No comments: