Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas Morn

My kids are spoiled.  No doubt about it.

Big gifts this year were a hipster for NG, camera for LM, BB gun for Boop and a doll house for EG.  They also got a lot of other great gifts.  Gift cards to Barnes and Noble (which they spent the day after Christmas).  They each also got a Target gift card and a credit card gift card which they are saving for just that perfect thing.

They got clothes and towels and socks and underwear.  A game and movies.  I know I am missing stuff.  We had such a great morning giving and receiving.  The kids really enjoyed "shopping" for each other.  The Market Days money certainly helped.

I think the adults did alright as well.  ;)

When I had mentioned at the beginning of the holiday season that I really wanted to make an effort to keep Jesus as the focal point, Boop asked if he could read the Christmas story from Luke before we opened presents.  And, of course, I agreed!  When Christmas morning came, I actually read it because it was a little hard for him to get through by himself.  I was pretty impressed with the kids because I thought they would be a little impatient.  (Another tradition born!)



My beautiful babies Christmas morning.  All smiles.


Robes from Grandma which they love.


NG and her hipster.  (She takes it everywhere.)


Little Mama and her camera.  (She is a great picture taker.)



EG loves her dollhouse.  Even the big kids play.




We did the BB gun like in the movies A Christmas Story.  It was tucked kind of behind the tree.  Daddy said "What is that I see back there?"  So funny.


We had a great dinner of pork roast (another excellent job by hubby), roasted green beans and hashbrown casserole.  Because we had so many people it ended up being a buffet style meal, which worked out really well.  All kinds of baked goods for dessert made by mom, the big girls, Sissy and me.  Very relaxed and casual.  Just the way I like it.

It is hard to believe another Christmas season has passed . . .   

No comments: