Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Ballet Recital - Part 2

About a month ago the girls' ballet studio had, what they called, an informal showing.  If you were a dancer and you wanted to pick a song and choreography a dance and then perform it in front of your fellow dancers and their families and your family, you could.

Both my girls decided to participate.  Each of them with a friend.  (They did fabulous by the way!)  At the end of each dance, the director of the studio opened it up for comments and encouragements etc.  It was such a wonderful time for the dancers.  They got to showcase their talents, not just in dancing but also in choreography etc.  And then be encouraged by other dancers and teachers and parents.

There were many times during that night that I wanted to say how much it means to me, and I would guess all mothers of daughters who dance, what an honor and privilege and a blessing it is to watch a daughter dance.

As I watched my girls dance again, this past Saturday, my heart just swelled with love for them and the gifts they have.  They enjoy it and they are good at it.  And it always goes by way too fast!







Love, love, love to watch my baby girls, all my baby girls, dance . . . 

No comments: