Tuesday, June 4, 2013

That Time of Year - Recital Time

All Friday night and all day Saturday had to do with all things ballet.  It is that time of year, when the girls, who have worked so hard all year long, get to perform on stage for family and friends.

It has been 8-9 years since we first started ballet.  We took a year off after EG was born but have been at the studio ever since.  And the girls love it.  When ever the opportunity comes around to do something different, they always choose ballet.  We don't do much else in the way of organized programs and ballet fits the bill for so many different reasons.

We love the teachers, the program and the kids who hang out there.  (Boop has made friends with a few of the brothers that have to play while their sisters dance!)  My girls have met friends there that they still have.  I have met friends there that I still have!  We have seen families grow and watched the girls grow.  We have watched students become teachers.

O.K. enough of that!

Our Saturday started out with EG and her very first recital.  For as much energy as she has, she, in my humble opinion was one of the best dancers in her class.  She was intent on watching her teacher and doing exactly as she was suppose to, when she was suppose to.  She smiled the entire time and looked like she enjoyed every minute of it!

NG assisted in a class this year.  So, she got to help lead a class for the Lower Division recital (EG's age girls).  I know I mentioned this before, but, watching my last baby girl dance for the very first time and then watching my oldest baby girl lead other little girls to dance was just so profound for me!  I cried again!

The whole recital was so sweet.  I enjoy watching all of the little girls dance.  There is just something about those little princesses all dressed up in their beautiful costumes praising God through dance.
















Precious baby girl.  

Recap and pictures of the big girls' recital tomorrow . . . 



No comments: