Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Pause Button

It cracks me up when I am reading to the kids or they are playing a game and one of them, usually Boop or EG says "pause."  Meaning they need the activity to stop so they can:  get a drink of water or go to the bathroom or some other such thing.

I have tried to explain to both of them that real life can't be paused.  I am afraid they think real life can be paused.  That while they are off doing something else when they get back everything will be just as when they left.  Like the pause button on the DVR.

It does crack me up because we don't really watch a ton of TV.  But, I guess because of the DVR and the DVD player, "pause" is just another word for them to mean "hold on."  Or "I will be right back."

Boop did it again today while they all were having a fort building contest.  I had to laugh.  And I desperately wanted to say yet again "hey, you can't pause real life."  But, my guess is he will figure it out soon enough . . .

2 comments:

Katie said...

Love it!

Mary Beth said...

Man, I am with Boop...some days, I would pay good money for some pause buttons! :)