Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Bragging on My Boys

I love, love, love the fact that my hubby is so handy.  It has saved us a ton of money and aggravation over the years.  He enjoys being able to fix things and he despises paying someone else to do it.  No matter what it is.  He can work on the car, the dryer, the grill.  There is almost nothing he can't fix.  So cool.

And, as it turns out, my son is much the same way.  First, he has a servant's heart, just like his daddy.  He wants to fix things for you.  And, apparently, he has a gift for it as well.  On at least two occasions while daddy has been fixing something, Boop has given daddy and idea of how to get the job done.

The first time, I think daddy just kind of gave him lip service.  Thanked him for his idea and then continued to do it his way.  But, Boop is persistent and again mentioned a certain way to try to do something.  Daddy was in a bind because it wasn't working the way he wanted it to and thought what the heck, I will try it Boop's way.  And, guess what, it worked!  Daddy was so proud of his boy he made sure to tell me.

EG was complaining to Boop awhile ago that she didn't have her own swing.  So, with EG's help, Boop took it upon himself to make a swing for her.  Then the other day, daddy was fixing the wall.  And Boop had an idea to help him.  This time daddy listened.  And sure enough, Boop's idea worked again!

One of my hubby's biggest complaints is that boys, men, do not know how to fix things anymore.  And so hubby tries to spend time showing Boop the way around the car and whatever little project he has going.  He doesn't "force" him to help.  Boop just has a natural curiosity and kind of understands how things work and go together.  It blows my mind sometimes!!

I am thankful that both my boys have a servants heart and enjoy fixing things . . .




No comments: