Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Crazy Life

There have been no posts because things around here have been extra crazy.  Last week both EG and I were sick.  I was in the bed for a day which never happens.  The kids were thrilled because they got to watch movies most the day!

We also had to travel for a funeral.  My sister-in-law passed away.  She had battled a very aggressive form of breast cancer for over 10 years.  Her service was amazing.  She was a fighter and an inspiration to so many.  There is so much more I want to say about it.  And maybe I might in the near future.  But, for now, I will say this, it has impressed upon me the importance of family.  And that life is short.  It should not be taken for granted.  And that I have a purpose.

The day we came back from the funeral, daddy and Boop were to go on a father/son camping trip.  But, my brother showed up unexpectedly and we felt we needed to cancel the trip.  (Maybe more about that later as well.)  He has been over every night for dinner.  He is currently looking for a place to live and a job and we are doing what we can to help.

Saturday our washer went out.  Yes, that is right.  About 10 days maybe 2 weeks after the dryer got fixed the washer stopped.  Made a horrible noise.  Hubby has fixed it twice already and he was confident this time it was more than just one thing wrong.  I told him, for as much as I enjoyed hanging clothes on the line, I was not really up for scrubbing and wringing clothes in the backyard as well.  Thankfully he understood.

Sunday was church and EG's family birthday party.  We had a house full to celebrate.  Her aunts and uncles and cousins.  I so want our house to be one filled with joy and laughter.  A place where friends and family and neighbors enjoying being.  I may not be a Martha Stewart with all the trimmings, but I do think people enjoy being in our home.  And, thankfully both hubby and I enjoy having people to our house.

And lastly, yesterday, the kids and I spent the majority of the day trying to find a washer (hubby's long week to work with the only day off in 7 being Thanksgiving).  Anyway, I have to tell the story because it is so cute.  We were going to buy a LG washer (not made in America) from a big box store.  We had narrowed it down and I was just going to see who had it and to get a look at it.  (We had no idea how hard it would be to choose one!)  As I was calling around, I dialed a locally owned store just to see what they had.  The lady on the phone was so sweet but so honest.  She told me what I was looking for was not right for us.  That it was not American made and if it were to break it was take forever to get it service.  She apologized for talking bad about another product.

I explained I didn't make the decisions for the family but that I would pass it along to my hubby.  I then called  the other fairly well known local appliance store and the same lady answered the phone!  She again went on to say more about a certain washer she felt I needed.

I called hubby and gave him the info.  He looked it up online while I went up to the store which literally was right around the corner from where we live.  She was the sweetest older lady.  She is the grandmother of 7 and was just so sweet and just so honest in telling me why we needed to buy this certain washer, which she had and had sold to her two daughters.  It was a little more expensive than we wanted but she assured us we would save tons of money in water and in drying time because of the high velocity spin cycle.

They had 0% financing for 12 mos and a two year warranty.  The shop was local and the product was made in America.  And, if it ever needed servicing they did the service (plus they did all the service calls for all the big box stores in town.)  But, the best part of all was, they could deliver it on Wednesday!  I don't like making those big decisions but I felt this is what we needed right when we needed it.  I had to let her know by 1 so they could get it to us on Wednesday.  When I passed the info on, hubby agreed to buy it.

When we went back up to the store to fill out the paperwork.  She said she was so excited for us and that she had prayed a little prayer.  It was one of the best major appliance purchases we have ever made.  We decided next time when an appliance goes out, we are just going to go up there first.  I told hubby I felt good about our purchase.  Buying local, buying American and getting a great product with excellent customer service.

Anyway, that is what we have been up to.  Lots going on.  Not to mention Thanksgiving this week and my mom will be here today.  I just have to remember God is in control.  Of it all.  I just have to be willing every day to get up and say "yes Lord, what will You have me do today?"  As the little old lady said (although she really didn't look or act all that old), "God is the air traffic controller."  And that is wonderful news, because we have a very busy airport . . . 

No comments: