Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Happy Birthday, EG!!








Your going to have to read the story again.  It is the one thing I love about birthday blogs is I get to relive the wonderful days that our precious babies were born!  Of course, as the years go by a little bit is forgotten.  
So I guess it is good to write it all down.  

It was rainy, overcast, foggy day.  It was a Friday.  I remember just feeling off in the morning.  Logistics were a huge thing this time.  Who would watch the kids?  Where would they go?  My sister was working.  And she and my mom wanted to be in the delivery room.  CoCo, my mother-in-law, and my sister's best friend had us covered to watch the kids at the hospital.

I guess daddy was working because I vaguely remember thinking whether or not I should bother him and wondering if it was just a false alarm.  I guess I decided it was the real deal because he came home around 9:30AM and we headed off to the hospital with instructions to the rest at the house that we would call and keep them posted. 

We had to take the truck because my sister, mom and CoCo needed the van to bring the kids to the hospital.  Note to those who have yet to ride, in labor, to the hospital in a 4 x 4 pick up truck, don't.  I remember it being extremely painful.  Especially going over the speed bumps. I also remember us having to get gas and I am pretty sure I thought I was going to give birth, in the truck, at the gas station.

We arrived at the hospital and everyone followed.  I remember being in triage and my water breaking.  I remember the labor getting harder, more frequent and hurting a lot more.  I remember walking to the delivery room and having to stop to have contractions, painful ones.

Our plan was to have the kids rotate through the delivery room before I gave birth.  I would spend a little time with each one.  Sissy's friend was in the waiting room and then LM and Boop and NG would each take turns coming in the room.  Sissy, Grandma and Daddy were all already in there.  I think NG and LM had come in and then it was Boop's turn.  

I had sent the nurse to hook me up to pain medicine and Boop was in the room with Daddy and CoCo.  I remember sending Boop and CoCo out because the pain was excruciating and I didn't want Boop to see me like that.  The next thing I knew it was me and Daddy and I had to push.  Daddy had to get someone in the room who knew what they were doing!!  Otherwise he was it.  The nurse came back with the meds but it was too late.  She suited up.  Had me start pushing and then the midwife came. 

A little after two my precious baby girl was born!  It was a crazy, long, hard delivery.  I was shocked that EG was a girl.  I was certain she was a boy.  Hubby went out to the waiting room to tell his mom and the kids that we had a brand new baby girl.  Boop cried.  He thought daddy had said a boy!

The best part of labor with no meds is that I was totally mobile right after delivery.  I could get up and move around and watch while they did her vitals and everything.  It all just seemed so natural.  So right.

Our lives have been so totally changed by her.  I can not imagine life without her.  She is soooo special in soooo many ways.  She keeps us on our toes.  She keeps us honest.  She keeps us smiling.  She is definitely the baby of this family

I have learned so many different things from each child.  God has used each child in my life to show me just how precious each life is.  I ask EG to always be my baby.  She readily agrees but lets me know that she will have to grow up.

No matter how hard some days can be, I can always count on EG to make me appreciate each child and each day.  Happy, happy, happy birthday to my special baby girl . . . 

2 comments:

Katie said...

Love to hear birth stories. Happy, happy birthday to EG!

Mary Beth said...

I could listen to birth stories over and over! Love them!! EG is such a doll....hope that sweet girl had a GREAT birthday!!