Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Crazy

It has been a bunch of whole days since I have not had a computer at the house. And it has been crazy. I feel so out of touch! Not that I used it to much to keep up with current events or anything. But, it is amazing to me how much I use it just to survive. And, of course, survive is in italics because I am being dramatic.

At least twice today I thought "if only I could Google the answer/information." And my sister had to text me some trivial but interesting sports information. I suppose I could turn on the T.V. to find out information but I really, really don't want to get into that habit.

I coupon and meal plan every Wednesday and Thursday. This will be week number two that I haven't been able to do it. Losing out on a bunch of savings. By the time hubby gets home with his computer, I am way to tired to anything but check E-mail to make sure I am not missing something really important. (Italics for sarcasm.)

I have been able to straighten our school room, iron and do 5 loads of laundry today. I wonder if that has any direct relation to the time I spend on the computer. Hmmm, I will have to ponder that one a little more, tomorrow, instead of playing on the computer. ;)

It has made me realize, and I have said it before, it is a time waster for me. Almost an escape in the middle of the day. I really, really want to change that. It isn't hard when the temptation isn't here. But, so much harder when the little blue and red light are winking at me. Enticing me. When I am suppose to be cleaning the toilet.

Tidbits of information from this week, though. Two kids are sick but on the positive side, EG is potty training herself (with Little Mama's help). And it is working like a charm. I may not have learned a whole lot from the past three kids. But, one thing I know, is not to sweat the potty training thing and it seems to be paying off.

Well, my 5 minutes are up on hubby's computer. Time to return to the era of no instant access to information. So, so interesting . . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

I definitely agree with you that computer time can be a time-suck, but, like you, I also use it to find out lots of information and these days it's saving my sanity by helping out with some Christmas shopping. It's a balance though, and I know I'm not balanced with my use.
Anyway, nice to hear from you :) Hope everyone feels better soon.