Friday, December 31, 2010

Radical New Year

Our church has been challenged as a congregation to have a radical 2011. Mostly based on the book by David Platt. Some of the challenges are to read the bible and pray every day. To give sacrificially to those in need. Not just locally but globally.

Another challenge is to pray about going on a missions trip in the next three years. And, to move out of our comfort zone and build relationships with those we might not normally spend time with. There are a few others. About 8-10 in all.

The church responded to the challenge wholeheartedly. My pastor is so encouraged that he can't wait to see how God uses our church to affect our neighborhood, city, state, nation and world in 2011.

I prayerfully accepted each challenge for 2011. And the reason I share all of this is that I hope to write some posts in 2011 that report how God is working in and through us individually and as a church. As a faithful body of Christ followers.

We have, as of today collected over $15,000 to use for service and missions projects in our church, community and world. And, I hope this is just the beginning. Tonight, at church, is a night of prayer, reflection, and meditation. The brick building will be open from 6-12 to go in and just pray.

I hope to sneak up there for just a little bit. But, if I am not able to do it, I am planning on taking a few minutes, in a quiet area of the house, and spend a little time letting God know that I will be available to Him for His plans and purposes in my life for the year 2011.

I hope everyone has a purposeful, safe, blessed and Happy New Year . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

I've heard about that book, but haven't read it.
I'm interested to see what the coming year brings for you!