Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas

It is amazing, to me, how fast the time goes by!! Wasn't it just Halloween?? We had a fabulous weekend. Made extra special by wonderful family time and fabulous food!

Grandma came Thursday and was here by noon! That was a great surprise and I put her to work, right away, making cookies with the kids. They had a blast and I know she did too! We had peanut butter bars, peanut butter cookies with Hershey's kisses in the middle, tradition sugar Christmas cookies, bon bons, store bought cookies and macaroons. I think that is all. We fixed up two containers and brought them to the neighbors. Needless to say, we still have cookies left over! Daddy fixed pulled pork for dinner that night and it was excellent.

Friday we just hung around the house and finished little odds and ends tasks. Hubby had to work but was able to drop in occasionally. We participated in the Christmon Tree at church Christmas Eve and that entailed us going on stage as a family and introducing ourselves and reading a little something about the meaning of the manager and placing on ornament on the tree. About a dozen families participated. When we got home from church we had ham and tons of appetizers. The kids didn't fall asleep until after 11. So, Santa was at our house quite late!

The kids enjoyed Christmas day. I think they each got what the really wanted. Little Mama a DS. Nature Girl a mountain bike. Boop got a space ship just like his friend AND a real tool box with real tools. Just like Daddy. EG just enjoyed ripping everyone else's presents open. She did get her very first bike.

I got a Kindle, which I am really excited about. I have already uploaded my first book. And it was free! I think Daddy got everything he wanted as well. Including a GPS. Grandma and Sissy were happy with their gifts as well. But, I think most of all, we were just happy to be together.

Hubby had to work so came in and out all day long. Our aunt and uncle arrived at around noon and the kids were very excited. They love Christmas with Auntie Karla and Uncle Warrnie! We hung out and watched movies. Played with our new toys and started cooking for our traditional Christmas dinner.

Hubby makes a wonderful prime rib. This year we also had speckled butter beans and hashbrown casserole. Great, great dinner, once again!

It all went by just way too fast. Saturday night, after everyone had gone to bed, except me, Nature Girl came out. You could tell she was a little sad. She didn't want it to be over. She loves family, she loves all the excitement, and it was over. I know a little how she feels. Just kind of sad it is done. I tried to let her know that everyday can be special (I need to realize that too.) And we can celebrate everyday that God gives us as a gift. I helped her (and myself). I also told her I would wait at least a week before we took all the decorations down!

Yesterday was a relaxing day. And today we took the kids shopping at Target to spend their gift cards and hubby is taking them to a movie this afternoon. I am sure, slowly but surely, we will get back to "life." Yet, another Christmas past.

Hopefully, I will have pictures tomorrow . . .

2 comments:

MollyMcFarland said...

Such a fun weekend! And we get to celebrate this weekend too! It's going to be your birthday!!!

Ann said...

It is??? ;) Remember early Bonefish Friday. If you guys are interested. ;)