Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Grandma's Here

She came late Tuesday night and is here all week to help celebrate LM's 8th birthday!

Yesterday we took her to do Meals on Wheels and introduced her to some of our favorite clients. Then she went and had lunch with friends. Then she came with us to to watch EG tumble. Well, at least watch EG in the class. EG is still trying to get the hang of her purpose for being there! Then it was dinner at church and Wednesday night service. I think we sufficiently wore her out!

Today was book club and then she and I went to the mall to do a little shopping for LM's birthday tomorrow. She was going to watch the kids with hubby tonight. But, the kids found out their friends were going to be at the church where my meeting is, so now they are coming with me.

Tomorrow she will help us clean and help me watch kids so I can run some last minute errands for LM's family dinner/birthday party tomorrow night. Little Mama requested nachos.

Then Saturday is the BIG DAY. First thing, at 10AM, Little Mama is getting her ears pierced. A right of passage at our house for 8 year old girls. (Both my sister and I had to wait until we were eight.) Then Grandma and Sissy will take her to a birthday lunch (and Nature Girl because LM invited her along.) Pictures to follow.

Then maybe by Saturday night, Grandma will have some time just to relax. But, I think she realizes around here, there isn't much relaxing. Well, at least not until about 9PM . . .

3 comments:

Diane Moody said...

Sounds like you're having quite a week! How fun to have G'ma there for LM's Birthday Week!!! I'm so proud of myself for remembering the Connell girls get their ears pierced on their 8th birthday! Can't wait to see the pictures! (Just promise me Boop won't be getting his done when the time comes?!)

HAVE FUN!!! Miss you all!
Hugs to the birthday girl!
d

Katie said...

Yay for Grandma! Hope your weekend is great, can't wait to see all the pix from LM's birthday.

Mary Beth said...

Yeah for Grandma's visit! Happy bday to LM too!! I wanna see pics of the ear piercing event.