Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sleep

I have never been a big sleeper. I like sleep and 7 or 8 hours a night is good for me. But, I have never been one to lie around in bed in the morning. I have never taken naps in the afternoon (not that I haven't wanted to, even when pregnant or with a newborn in the house). And, usually, when I wake up in the morning, I do not roll over and go back to sleep.

But, lately, I can go to bed at 10PM and on one occasion slept until 8. (Because the kids let me.) The alarm goes off and I do not care. I tell myself "if by 6:15 I am not back to sleep, I will get up." And every time I go back to sleep.

Now, I don't even bother to set the alarm. I have been waking up about 6:40. I tell myself "you have 5 more minutes" because I want to get my quiet time in. This morning I fell back to sleep!! It is incredible to me. If anything , I use to just lay there for 5 minutes. NEVER going back to sleep!

I have always been jealous of people who could sleep so readily. Jealous of those who can lay down and actually take a nap. Or wake up in the mornings and roll over and go back to sleep. (I never did either thing in college.)

I don't know if it is age. Or my body just trying to "catch-up" on years of lost sleep. But, if this keeps up, I just might try a nap and see what happens. . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

Now I'm jealous of you! No matter what time I wake up, even 2am, I have a hard time getting back to sleep.