Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Nap Time

This is how EG's nap time goes:

Go potty.
Put on diaper.
EG says "love you mommy."
I say "ohhh, EG mommy loves you to" and I give her a big squeeze.
We sit in the rocking chair with three books. I no longer read. She flips through the book asking questions. These books end up in crib with her. Along with the six other stuffed animals and three blankets.
Sometimes a stuffed animal has to sit with us. She use to sit in my lap when we rocked. Now she has to sit next to me.
After we "read," I sing her Rock-a-Bye Baby twice. Sometimes in a silly way. Sometimes softly and then she will say "louder mommy, louder."
She dives into her crib and requests that, not only do I cover her, but I cover her Abbie, her Build-A-Bear rabbit that is on loan from Nature Girl.
I say "nigh-night, EG. Love you."
She says "Good night mommy. Love you."
Then I shut the door.
She now continues to yell two or three times "love you, mommy." And I continue to say back two or three times "ohh, EG mommy loves you too" . . .

3 comments:

Katie said...

so sweet

MollyMcFarland said...

precious precious precious. don't let her grow up! please!

Ann said...

I am trying not to!!!!