Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day Two

It always cracks me up that when we are camping, the kids are up and dressed within minutes and outside playing.

Sunday was big breakfast day. Eggs and sausage. Nothing is better than a breakfast cooked outside! I would say by 10AM the boys, big and little, were across the way in the green space playing catch. It seems, though, whenever we camp, time isn't a real big issue. So, who knows what time it really was.






Anyway, baseball was followed up by a hiking trip. All 24 of us. We seriously looked like a bus tour. Our trip started at a historical home at the state park. The view behind the house was spectacular. It is always so amazing to me, that even though we live in a pretty flat state, that the landscape can be so dramatic.

We took the double blue trail, the easier of the trails. It led through the woods with beautiful scenery. We hiked up, down and around. It was a pretty decent workout!










Later that afternoon we celebrated my friend's daughter's second birthday. With cake and water balloon games. All the kids had a great time. Never a dull moment to be sure. We barely saw the bigger kids. And the littles kept us busy with exploring and running around. Going from camping site to camping site to camping site.

Unfortunately, I didn't do very well in taking a lot of pictures. There just always seem to be "stuff" going on. The evening was relaxed, though.

The big basketball game was on late. Hubby had his work computer so the guys were able to watch it around the campfire. At least, I guess that is where they were. I had kid duty. Still not comfortable leaving them in the camper by themselves. Especially EG. Hubby did come in at some point and asked if I wanted to watch it and he would stay with the kids. I told him "no." I would feel a little awkward watching the game with "the guys" while the women were talking about homeschooling and kids and such. We won. And I was happy. Great end to a great day . . .


3 comments:

Diane Moody said...

LOVE all the camping pictures! I'm so far behind on all your news again. (Wish blogger would send posts to our inbox! I'd keep up way better!) I'm so thrilled you guys are getting to go camping so much! So many wonderful memories you're making!!!

Ann said...

It does send blogger to your email inbox but I have no idea how. I have two friends who blog and I get an email every time they post. ;) Sorry I can't tell you how though!

Almost done with your book (Runaway - isn't it great I have to say which book of yours I am reading!!). Love it, love it. Can't wait to see how it ends!

Kathryn said...

Ann, You have to put her email into the email listings to mail out...she can't do it...go to dashboard, settings, then email and mobile and put Diane's email in where it says Blogsend address at the top! The only downside is that she won't get to see the Whole Blog in its entirety like your little stuff on the side...the post just gets mailed to her!