Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I Love Nature Girl This Much

She can be a little sneaky and likes to exaggerate. But, the flip side of that is, she is constantly coming to me with "confessions." No matter what I am doing, when NG comes to me, I stop what I am doing and listen.

She has confessed to using words she knows I don't like. Nothing bad, just words I don't think nice young girls should use. She has confessed to trying to get up on the roof, just to sit. She tells me when she does something that I have asked her not to do. She tells me when she has exaggerated a story to a friend. Sometimes she even tells me bad thoughts she is having, like calling someone stupid.

She tells me everything her friends tell her. She tells me things that her friends do, that she knows I wouldn't approve of. She is not very good at keeping secrets from me. I have told her, I always want the truth, I always want to know. She may be disciplined for her actions or words, and get a long winded lecture, but, it is much better to share with me than losing my trust.

Now, her confessions might be days, sometimes weeks after the incident has occurred. Which, I find amusing. Sometimes, honestly, I don't care about what things she has done. In the big scheme of things, it isn't anything tragic. But, I am doing my best to give her my undivided attention when she is ready to confess.

I am sure I haven't heard it all. But, I am hoping when the teens set in, she will continue to spill her guts. . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

My boys are not nearly so forthcoming! Just the opposite. I'm hoping Leah will be different.