Wednesday, March 2, 2011

In Another World

When I brush my teeth or blow dry my hair, I am in another world. For some strange reason, my brain starts thinking about ALL the things that I am unable to think about during the day. I literally can finish brushing my teeth or drying my hair and wonder how it got done. Granted I have been doing both for a really LONG time. And, it doesn't take a lot of brain power to do both. But, for some strange reason, I am in another world.

I think part of the reason is, is that I do both when the kids are usually asleep. I have no expectation of being interrupted. Hubby is usually asleep or not home, so I am virtually "alone." I feel responsibility free. My brain knows it and can relax and just wander. I think of fun things, important things, things that need to be done, things I have done (which probably shouldn't have), etc., etc., etc.

The bad side of the whole thing, is that when someone does come in the bathroom during either of those times, I FREAK OUT. I mean literally. It is SO unexpected that sometimes I scream or yell. I am never more startled then when someone interrupts those two things. After I get over my initial shock. And I mean SHOCK, I laugh to myself. And I try to laugh with the person who scared the you know what out of me.

For as many times as I have told myself to be prepared for the possibility, I am still so surprised. Can't explain it, don't understand it, it just happens. . .

2 comments:

Diane Moody said...

SO fun to finally catch up (again!) I'm so glad you got to go camping!!! Looks like you had an absolute blast! Makes me wish I was a Connell kid - you guys do so many fun things!!!

Glad everyone is feeling better. Stay well, family!

Ethiopia??? I'll be praying! You just never know! (Don't tell anyone but I'm praying about going with our pastor & group to our sister church in India next year. Scares the bejeebies out of me, but wondering if God might be wanting me to go . . . so let's pray for each other!)

Love you!
d

Ann said...

Will do!!