Friday, March 11, 2011

We Are A Team

Last night around 7:10PM, after Boop's T-ball practice, we, or should I say EG, had a little accident. I was thinking about getting dinner and Boop was juggling his water bottle, which he dropped on the floor and proceeded to pick up. Right at that same time, EG was walking into the dinning room, trying to get out of her jacket.

She tripped over Boop's feet and fell face first into the kitchen floor. Both of her hands were caught up in the sleeves of her jacket. So, she had nothing to brace herself but her face. At first I didn't realize it. But, thought it strange that she was crying and wasn't bouncing back up, like her usual self. (She is one tough cookie.) As Little Mama was pulling her on to her lap, I noticed blood. All over her mouth and hands.

That is when my wonderful family got together and acted like a well oiled machine. One child got ice. Another got a towel. Another called daddy (because I was sure we, or should I say EG, needed stitches.) All the while doing whatever they could to make EG feel better. And get her to stop crying. All I had to do was comfort. Everything else was taken care of with a little direction from me.

She didn't need stitches and she didn't knock any of her teeth loose but she was a little uncomfortable. So, while I sat with her on the couch, she sucked ice cubes, next to her big brother and sister, who didn't want to leave her side, and Nature Girl fixed our hot dogs.

EG has a big lip today and she says it hurts. And, I do feel bad for her. But, it was kind of nice to see everyone work together in a pinch. It does a mother good . . .