Tuesday, March 8, 2011

LOL

Today I glanced through the newspaper. And the title of an article, that caught my eye, read something like "LOL, or not to LOL".

Anyway, it caught my attention so I started to peruse it. It was a whole article, near as I could tell, discussing the uses of LOL and how it has been overused! I am not much of a texter (if that is even a word). I keep a limited plan because my sister use to text me quite a bit. I have a friend who texts me. And my brother has a time or two. So, I keep a limited plan.

So, all that to say, maybe I don't appreciate the gravity of the article. I know, at least I think I know, I have never used the abbreviation LOL. Because, honestly, I have never laughed out loud while texting some one. I have had humorous thoughts while texting. And I might have SIS (smiled inside). But, have honestly, never laughed out loud. And, I have just felt to LOL would be deceptive. Because I wasn't LOL.

Oddly enough, the article addressed that very issue. That people actually felt guilt over using that abbreviation. (And here I thought I was the only one.) Regardless, I don't foresee me ever using LOL. Unless I actually LOL . . .

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And I thought, LOL, meant "little old lady"!

Ann said...

Ha, ha. :) I didn't LOL but I smiled really, really big!!