Saturday, March 26, 2011

Last Night

Hubby is out of town this weekend. Which, except for his annual hunting trip, never happens. The kids don't like it. They don't feel "safe." I try to tell them, we have the safest house in the neighborhood. We have a big ol' police car sitting in our front yard!

Anyway, to make things kind of fun and to take daddy off of their mind, I decided to do a "sleepover" in the living room. We went shopping for spring clothes (which went fairly well all things considered), had dinner at Chick-fil-A (have I mentioned how much I love that place) and then rented a movie (Yogi Bear which was not my first choice).

We got home, showered, laid out all the blankets, pillows, stuffed animals, etc. and crashed on the couch and floor for the night. I had an ulterior motive, as well. My college basketball team was in the Sweet Sixteen last night. But, didn't play until 10PM. WAY past my bed time. So, I used the kids to keep me awake. Plus, I knew NG would stay awake with me for a little while to watch.

She made it until half time. I made it to the bitter, overtime end. We lost. By one point. Which was unfortunate. But, all in all, we had a really nice, "safe" night . . .

No comments: