Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Change

Ugh. Hate change. Always have. Probably always will. But, one thing that is going to have to change, in the up coming weeks, is the time I spend on the computer.

My new "schedule" (which I have yet to use) only allows about 15-30 minutes of computer time, per day. I use the computer for communication purposes, for school purposes and for entertainment purposes.

I must be honest and say, I do spend too much time on the computer. So, having to whittle down my time doesn't really hurt my feelings too much. But, the thing that will probably be the most affected, will be my blog.

My intention for my blog, although I have varied from it quite a bit, is/was a place to keep all of our family memories. I don't scrapbook. I haven't developed a picture in two years, at least. But, I have a diary of our lives on my blog. I have also used it as a place to vent, share my feelings and express my opinions.

I think, at least for a little while, my blog will be filled with family life, homeschool, kids activities. And what is, very simply, going on every day. It is quick to write, not much to have to think through.

My posts will be short, I think. And probably not as regular. If I can't write it in 15 minutes, it isn't getting posted or it will have to be continued the next day. Or maybe there won't be a post for a day or two.

My blog is important to me. But it isn't, can't be a priority. After God, hubby, children, home and school, there just isn't enough time in the day. At least not for me. At least not right now. So, the blog is getting simplified. Hope you continue to read . . .

3 comments:

Katie said...

What has it been, two years? I think you've done a remarkable job of "scrapbooking" your family life and memories.

I hear you, though. I spend waaayyyy too much time on the computer... and the problem is, I keep finding more and more lovely blogs that I want to keep up on.

I've let go of the Must Post Everyday feeling, thinking I'm the only one who really cared :) Now, 4 or 5 times a week seems fine and I'm sure that'll change eventually too.

Whatever and whenever you post..... I'll read.

Ann said...

If you read, I will keep posting ;)

Katie said...

Sounds like a deal.