Saturday, September 18, 2010

Mr. Fix It

It is a blessing to have a husband that can fix just about anything. But, it sometimes can have a small drawback. Nothing gets fix until he has had the appropriate amount of time to fix it, or, at least take a good long look at it. For most things, I am O.K. with that. He usually has some back up plan while whatever needs to be fixed, is being fixed.

Well, today the dryer went out. In my mind, I am picturing the next week or so, with no dryer. We won't be able to step foot in our bathroom (where all the dirty clothes are kept.) Little Mama said "Oh no! We will have to wear dirty clothes."

I know hubby can, and will, fix it. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a day off until Friday. And, hopefully tonight, he can figure out what parts he needs so they can be ordered, or whatever.

I LOVE that he can fix things. I LOVE that he cares enough to do things himself (or try at least.) I LOVE that he can do it for half the price. I think what he does is a dying art, which is a shame, in my humble opinion.

But, I would be lying, if I told you that my heart wasn't beating, just a little bit harder and faster, about the prospect of not having a dryer this week . . .

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my goodness, I know what you mean.

Diane Moody said...

Ditto from TN. My Mr. Fixit is great, but he seems to always work on his schedule, not mine! And he's just fine with "making do" til he gets-around-to-it. Why is that?!

I feel your pain . . .