Monday, September 13, 2010

Two Things



Thing One: The kids got a cookbook for Christmas last year. It has a lot of great recipes based on Disney movies. The kids like looking through it, just to see the pictures and look at the food. As of about a month ago, not one recipe was ever made out of that book. Honestly, I just don't even think about it when meal planning.

So, last month when the kids were looking through it, I got this bright idea for them to each pick three things they wanted to make out of it. (They also got to pick out of Paula Dean's children's cookbook that Little Mama got, but I have made a few things out of there. More my speed.)

Anyway, I wrote down thier requests and each week I try to make one or two of them. Two weeks ago was Body Shop Black Bean Salad, cookies on a stick and a Tropical Fruit Smoothie (which we make pretty regularly anyway.) Today was Don't Be a Chicken! Cups. It was one of Boop's choices and he thought it was big fun to help me make them for lunch.

When we get through the list, I will have them look through and pick another couple recipes they want to make. It is kind of fun. And, I feel like I am doing something fun.

Thing Two: We have this huge L-shaped couch. We bought it when Boop was a baby. We figured it would fit all of us, when we watch T.V. together. But, it never fails, when anyone is on the couch, the others are right next to you. As you can see, from the picture of the kids watching football from the other night. They are all on the shortest side of the couch. The majority of the couch is empty.

It seriously cracks me up . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

Love the picture of them all sitting close. So sweet.